To support our expanded 6th Form proposal, our students created this powerful video for the Minister of Education.
With over 22,000 views within 48 hours of initially being posted on our Facebook page, the message has already garnered incredible support:
This film was entirely the work of our students, with Josh Lynas (Year 12) the directorial and editorial driving force behind the whole project.
Support our proposal for an expanded Sixth Form by contacting Mr Peter Weir, Education Minister, at the Department of Education in further support of our proposal before a decision is made on 24 January 2017 – Department of Education, Rathgael House, Balloo Road, Bangor, County Down, BT19 7PR or email – email@example.com.
We hope you will support our development proposal for the following reasons:
• Lagan College’s Sixth Form Development proposal would enable 75% of our own students to have the opportunity to stay on in their school. (Annually 25% of students have expressed a desire to study a highly vocational course at Further Education College or connect with bespoke Apprenticeships and Training programmes.)
• Lagan College’s Sixth Form Development proposal would enable the school to offer a wider choice of A Level and equivalent level 3 courses to our young people.
• Lagan College’s Sixth Form Development Proposal would enable 100 more of our students over a 2 year period, to continue to experience our integrated and inclusive school ethos and values- supporting the Government’s shared learning programme.
• Lagan College’s new school buildings opened in 2013 and were purpose built to accommodate over 300 Sixth Form students.
• Lagan College is currently offering 28 Post-16 Courses and our own children would like the opportunity to stay on in their own school and continue to experience an integrated ethos.
• More of Lagan College’s students deserve the chance to stay on at their own school, if it is the young person and their parent(s)/guardian(s) desire.